- Competent, diligent and result oriented Mechanical Engineer, offering over 3.5+ years of experience in O&M of rotating and static equipment, Project management, Planning & scheduling, Team management, Plant maintenance, Design & Engineering, Operation Management, TQM, Reliability & Material management.
- Currently spearheading functions as Deputy Manager with MCC PTA India Corp Private Limited (MCPI), Haldia, West Bengal, A group of fortune 500 company Mitsubishi chemical, Japan. It is also the world’s second largest producer of PTA.
- Previously worked as Assistant Manager with Vedanta Aluminum Limited, (Smelter project) Jharsuguda , Orissa, A $ 6 billion green field project of 1.75 M.T/A productivity and 3615 MW Power plant (1235 MW CPP & 2400 MW IPP) listed in London stock exchange.
- Proficiency in managing projects, Execution & commissioning, operation & maintenance of machines & equipment’s with proven abilities in reducing downtime & cost, enhancing operational efficiencies and contribute to achieve the business plan.
- P & ID, PFD, Equipment & spares parts drawing making, review, modification and approval.
- Effective communicator & team leader with strong analytical, problem solving & continuous learning attitude. Quick & prompt in decision-making during site executions.- Proven Expertise in conceptualizing and implementing measures for enhancing quality levels and ensuring adherence to quality specifications and standards :RCM, FMEA, MTBF, 5S, Kaizens, QC, 6 sigma, Safety.
- Knowledge of SAP-PM, MM module in Maintenance planning & Material management, Spare parts & Inventory control, Budget analysis, purchase planning in SAP.
- Aware & witness of various Nondestructive testing (NDT) like ECT, DPT, UT, MPT, Hydro & Pneumatic test etc.
- Maintaining the equipment in healthy condition by using the Condition Monitoring & Analysis techniques like Vibration Analysis, Thermography, Balancing, Laser Alignment, and Oil Analysis.
- Aware of various national, International Codes(ASME/ASTM/JIS/ISO etc) & specification.
- Experienced in coordinating with the suppliers for streamlining entire spares management activities to meet requirement of machine maintenance and possess valuable insights, keen analysis and team approach to implement best practices.
- An assertive manager with strong capabilities in managing the shift comprising of resources, capable of fostering an atmosphere that motivates highly talented professionals to balance high-level skills with maximum productivity.
- Implementation of all safety rules and 5S activity in plant in order to minimize the risk of accidents and injuries.
- Equipment handled-- Pump, Compressor, Blower, Agitator, Heat Exchanger, Boiler, Pressure Vessel, Gear box, Mechanical seal, Vacuum belt fitter, Cricket filter, Cooling tower, Conveyor,Crusher, Rotary Dryer, Air dryer, AVGF, Valves, PSV, Piping etc.Job Profile :Company Name :MCC PTA INDIA CORP PRIVATE LIMITED since Feb’11
Deputy Manager-Mechanical, Plant Maintenance – Incharge
- Accountable for undertaking all kinds of mechanical maintenance of PTA plant (Rotary& Static equipment, piping etc), Spares management & inventory control, Planning, scheduling & Co-ordination, Execution, Contractor management etc.
- Implementing the policy & procedures(like WSS,Inspection sheet, working list etc.) in the company while outlining the steps to be taken in implementing maintenance program for smooth operations across the unit, Reduce maintenance cost approx 15% breakdown time approx 20%, MTBF approx 10~15%, .
- Periodically conducted review meetings with quality, maintenance and other departmental heads to assess work performance against targeted production levels and provide needed reinforcements.
- Implementing preventive, planned and predictive maintenance to minimize downtime and prolong service life of machines. Ensuring availability of reasonable stocks of spares to address any maintenance calls.
- Identifying & implementing strategies for building team effectiveness by promoting a spirit of cooperation between team members, Mentored & Trained approx. 50 no’s of Engineer & technicians.
- Established plan for preventive maintenance of various machineries and instruments to increase machine up time & equipment reliability.
- Defining operational parameters and ensured strict adherence thereto to generate maximum operational efficiency.
- Regulating and allocating jobs involving routine checkups and maintenance activities. Arranging issue of materials for proper job performance.
- Participating in maintenance budget preparation, budget analyses. Coordinate & review with higher management to reduce breakdown maintenance, Zero idle time & production loss, Cost reduction etc.
- Preparing and reviewing the bill of materials (BOM), Drawings, Technical specifications and ensuring quality of materials as per recommended specifications, Developed new domestic vendor, In-house manufacturing of spares instead of OEM /Foreign vendor which save large amount of cost.
- Responsible for providing assistance for preparing annual budget, ensuring adherence to targeted budgets in Maintenance and Utilities.
- Responsible for utilities, plant and machinery and ensuring uninterrupted production at the Unit and efficiency in operations through effective planning and adherence to safety standards.
- Involving in efficient spare part management & developing indigenous, standardization solution for cost effective procurements.
- Proficiency in managing projects, Execution & commissioning and preparing maintenance reports comprising of daily activity, PM jobs and Trouble report of all maintenance activity.
- Responsible for Close loop monitoring of work progress, Criticality and Delay analysis and ensuring the implementation of all safety rules, 5S activity in plant in order to minimize the risk of accidents and injuries.Company Name :VEDANTA ALUMINIUM LTD Aug’09 – Feb’11
Assistant Manager-EPDM (Engineering, Planning, Designing & Maintenance)
Utility Operation & Maintenance - Shift Incharge
- Day to day operational activity & long term planning & scheduling, co-ordination and implementation , Budget preparation, Manpower deployment, Close loop monitoring of work progress, criticality and delay analysis, Review of daily activity etc.
- Maintenance jobs planning & scheduling, co-ordination and implementation (Planned, preventative, break down maintenance, CBM).In process troubleshooting, budget preparation, prepare & review the bill of materials, drawings, technical specifications.
- Monitored operator & maintenance personnel and provided operational & technical assistance. Sponsored links :
Solved many unexpected difficulties, conducted O & M review meeting, prepared O&M reports, implemented Safety & 5S activity, developed & Modified SOP’s for O&M activity.
- Instrumental in conducting Audit of air & water consumption, Air& water pipe line network at user end.
- Inventory control, consumable & spares parts management, purchase planning in SAP.
- Introduce C-Check & FMEA first time in Vedanta Aluminium Ltd. Jharsuguda.CAPEX Project : Incharge
- Played a pivotal role in the Capital Expenditure Projects from initiation to completion of projects for both Smelter & CPP (Proposal, Budget estimation, Detailed technical justification, Payback calculation, Approval, Preparing of project planning & scheduling and scope of work,Techinical bid analysis, purchasing of project materials, Tracking/Installation & Commissioning, Quality check, Testing etc.)
- Design & Installation of Contingency tool & shunt for Potline which was saved Potline during pot blast/power outage.
- Executed 210 no’s of Capex projects worth Rs. 350 Crores for both Smelter & CPP.
- Developed white paper & modified SOP for Capex project.Contract Management :Incharge
- Involved in Integral plant maintenance by Siemens & Industrial housekeeping by All Services under one roof.
- Identification of work, Coordination with user, Critical analysis ,Planning & Scheduling, Manpower deployment, Delay analysis ,Billing etcComputer Skills :Operating System : Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7.Office Tools : MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Project.ERP : SAP (PM & MM Module).Others : Auto CAD, Mini Tab etc.Academia & Professional Credentials :
- Pursuing PGDBA in operation management from Symbiosis university
- B.Engg from Jadavpur University in 2009 with CGPA- : 7.65
- Higher Secondary (10+2) from Rashpur High School in 2004 with : 80.30 %
- Secondary (10th standard) from C.J.Vidya Mandir in 2002 with : 80.75 %Technical knowledge based Projects &Training :Professional Enhancements Programs :
- Project on FMEA, 5S at Vedanta Aluminium Ltd, Jharsuguda and MCPI ,Haldia
- Training on Gear Box, Lubrication &Condition Monitoring of gear drives by Gear care & solutions at Vedanta Aluminium Ltd.
- Training on Bearings by NTN at Vedanta Aluminium Ltd, Jharsuguda.
- Training on RCM, RCFA, FMEA, 5S, 6 Sigma at Vedanta Aluminium Ltd, Jharsuguda.
- Training on Gasket by Nichias, Japan at MCPI, Haldia.
- Training on Welding technology by Indian Institute of welding at KolkataAcademic Projects :
- Project on Electrochemical Discharge Machining (ECDM) at Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
- Project on Automated Guided Vehicle at Jadavpur University, Kolkata.Vocational Training :
- IFB Industries Ltd., Kolkata
- New Allenberry Works, KolkataAccolades :
- Organized internal technical/non-technical training at Vedanta Aluminium Ltd & MCPI.
- Organized Birth party, departmental Party, Picnic at Vedanta Aluminium Ltd & MCPI
- Certificate from All India Science Aptitude & Talent Search Test, 2000-01.
- Captain of Hostel Cricket Team & Overall convener of hostel Block Day & Reunion.Strengths :
- Patience to know new modification/technology, eagerness for team oriented work. Effective trouble shooting capabilities.
- Adaptable to any kind of work environment keeping high corporate ethics and etiquettes, leadership capabilities to deal in hard situations and handle the work pressure.Personal Details :Date of birth : 01-11-1986Sex : MaleMarital status : SingleLanguage Known : English, Bengali and Hindi.Hobbies : Playing Cricket, Football, Volleyball, Listening music etcDeclaration :
I hereby declare that the information furnished above is true to the best of my knowledge. I am also confident of my ability to work in a team.Date :Place :Haldia, West Bengal
1. This is an online resume, managed by the candidate.
2. Create your online resume here.
3. If candidate allows, recruiters can contact the candidate directly.
4. Personal and contact details can be kept private optionally by the candidate.
5. Create a link to this online resume where ever you want in the web.