Objective : To work in the forefront of Organic and analytical Chemistry.Personal Information : Male, Citizen of India.Education :Ph.D :S.K. University Anantapur – 515 055 jan 2011
Design and Development of New Methods in Organic Synthesis as well as Synthesis and Biological study of Novel Heterocyclics using Polymer Supported Catalysts.
M. Sc., Analytical Chemistry from Mangalore University, Mangalore June 2000,
B. Sc., NM College sullya June 1998.Work Information :
Working as a research scientist in Syngene international limited (A Biocon Company a contract research organization) since May 2002 – Till date.Job responsibilities :
Involves multi-step organic synthesis ca., 10 – 25 steps ,an average of 15 steps and analyzing synthesized compound by HPLC, GC ,LCMS, GCMS and other analytical techniques.
Most of the synthesis involved new route development / reproducing the patent literature including development of purification methodologies.
Part of the responsibility involves characterization by modern tools such as multi-nuclear NMR (including 2D), GC MS, LC – MS and Supervising juniors.Research carried out during PhD :
Synthesis biologically active heterocyclic compound.
Developed new improved and economical method for organic synthesisComputational Proficiency :
Proficient in preparing research documents using various computer programs, such as MS Office, structure drawing packages like Chemdraw and chemical search engines (Scifinder &Beilstein).Strengths :
Thorough knowledge in various organic reactions.
Highly skilled in synthesis, purification (column chromatography, distillation, crystallization etc), analysis and characterization of organic compounds
Carried out over 20 step synthesis quite often within shortest span of time (8 – 10 weeks).
Positive attitude to work in any environment.
Handling knowledge of analytical techniques such as HPLC, GC, GCMS and other analytical techniques.Scientific Awards :
Biocon bio contribute award 2005 for Problem solving efforts with BMS, DOW & Dupont projects.
Bristol -Mayers Squibb star award 2009 for Contribution to creation of learning environment in R&D.Publications :
1. Sponsored links :
A Mild and versatile synthesis of Thioamides. K.A. Mahammed, Jayashankara, N. Premsai Rai, K. Mohana Raju & P.N. Arunachalam. Synlett. 2009, 2338.
2. K.A .Mahammed, P.S.Keshavamurthy & K. Mohana Raju, ind.journal.chem sec-B, 47B, 2008, 575.
3. K.A. Mahammed & MohanaRaju.K, Bulletin of catalysis of india . 2, 2009 , 74.
4. Mahammed kaspady, Venugoala.K.N,Mohana Raju.K, Rao, G.K,. Lett. Drug Design Disc. 6, 1, 2009, 21.
5. K.A. Mahammed, K.N. Venugopala ,P.N. Arunachalamc & K. Mohana Raju, . Drug Design Disc 6,6 ,2009,451.
6. M. A. Päsha , K. A. Mahammed ,V. P. Jayäshankara, Synthetic commun. 37, 24, 2007, 4319.
7. M. A. Päsha, V. P. Jayäshankara & K. A. Mahammed. ind.journal.chem sec-B 2008, 1160.Date :Place :
1. This is an online resume, managed by the candidate.
2. Create your online resume here.
3. If candidate allows, recruiters can contact the candidate directly.
4. Personal and contact details can be kept private optionally by the candidate.
5. Create a link to this online resume where ever you want in the web.