To apply the rich experience gathered over many years in varied fields to a needy challenging areaExperience :
The Hubli Hospital for the Handicapped and Rehabilitation Training Unit, Hubli 1989 till date. 20 years of experience in the field of communicable disease control – leprosy – clinical, epidemiological, program management and hospital administration.
The Hubli Hospital for the Handicapped and Rehabilitation Training Unit is a Non Governmental organization, serving the leprosy affected since 1976. The Hospital Unit has 60 beds and the Rehabilitation Training Unit has 5 handicraft sections. The staff strength is 85 and the no. of handicapped workers is 100. Services are based on and in co-ordination with the National Leprosy Elimination program and are comprehensive with case detection, domiciliary treatment, hospitalization, health education and rehabilitation.
From the year 2002, due to the decline in the leprosy prevalence, the hospital has been converted into a general hospital, with leprosy unit being a part of this.Professional Experience :
Medical Officer in February 1989 – 2002
Director in 2002 till date . Took up the challenge of converting a “leprosy only” organization with many handicaps into a general hospital.
Asst. Professor in community medicine (honorary) – 4 yearsExpertise :
1. Organising, conducting and evaluating surveys in the rural and urban areas for case detection
2. Planning and Management of the domiciliary treatment unit
3. Management of the out-patients unit – patient management, laboratory, x-ray unit, physiotherapy unit, shoe unit
4. Management of hospitalized patients
a. medical and surgical management of trophic ulcers
b. Medical management of lepra reactions
c. Nerve decompressions
d. Reconstructive surgery of hands and feet
5. Training of health workers in leprosy.
6. Training of groups of government health workers, doctors from the PHC, Social Science students from Karnataka University, Nursing students, medical students etc.
7. Setting up different units of the general hospital
8. Conducting normal and instrumental deliveries and Caesarean sections
9. Sponsored links :
Minor surgical procedures like mass excision, earlobe repairs, biopsies
10. Personnel managementConferences and courses attended :
1. Conference on Reactions in Leprosy at Hyderabad in 1993.
2. Six week course for medical officers in leprosy at the Schiffelin Leprosy Research and Training Centre, Karigiri in Tamil Nadu.
3. Workshop on rational drug use at Dharwar in 1990.
4. Goal Oriented Project Planning workshop for the future of leprosy at Yercaud, Tamil Nadu in 2001.
5. Adolescent and Reproductive health workshop at New Delhi, organised by the International Centre for Research on Women, to present the findings of the thesis while doing M.D. ( Thesis topic was “Training and Evaluation of Helath Workers in the diagnosis and management of reproductive tract infections of women”)
6. Paediatric Advanced Life Support workshop in 2001 conducted by the Department of Child Health of the Christian Medical College, Vellore.Education :
SSLC 1983 from St.Michael’s Convent School, First Class with distinction
MBBS 1988 from Karnataka Medical College, Hubli, First Class
MD 2002 from Christian Medical College, Vellore in Community Medicine. First Class Best outgoing student of the batch, Gold Medal from the UniversityComponents of training during MD course :
2. Health Economics.
3. Medicine, Obstetrics and Neonatal Care at the Second Referral level.
4. Management of field work.
5. Audit of out-patient, in-patient care.
6. Supervision of Interns including guiding them in various evaluation and small scale study programmes.
7. Guiding medical students in various community oriented and Health planning and management activities.Languages known :
English, Hindi, Marathi, Kannada, TamilStrengths :
Strong communication, learning and organizing skills matched with the ability to mange stress, time and people effectively.
Good interpersonal relations and personnel management
Punctuality, sincerity and loyalty to the cause and organization
Can lead as well as be ledAreas of interest :
Educating people in health care
Clinical work, in direct one to one contact with peopleDate :Place :
1. This is an online resume, managed by the candidate.
2. Create your online resume here.
3. If candidate allows, recruiters can contact the candidate directly.
4. Personal and contact details can be kept private optionally by the candidate.
5. Create a link to this online resume where ever you want in the web.